Thanks for considering our accredited graduate programs in Public Health program. We offer the following:
MPH in Community Health Education (CHE). This 48 hour program is offered in two-formats:
- On-Campus. On-Campus students are eligible to apply for Graduate Assistantships. Generally speaking, on-campus students will be prohibited from taking online courses (there may be some exceptions due to faculty staffing and course offerings).
- Online. Available to students who are working or unable to attend on-campus courses, it is generally advised that online students are limited to two course (six hours) per semester. Note that the state of New Mexico allows out of state residents to register for six hours of online courses at IN-STATE tuition rate. Online students are also accessed a $35/credit hour distance education fee.
Note that students in the MPH CHE concentration have two options: thesis option and non-thesis option. Students will work closely with their advisor to determine their best course of action.
MPH in Health Management, Administration & Policy (HMAP). This 48 program can be earned in two formats:
- Public Health CORE/Electives on-campus; HMAP Specializations online (HMAP Hybrid)
- 15-18 hours of Public Health CORE classes are required, to be taken on-campus; 30-33 hours of specializations/electives can be completed online
- Public Health CORE/Electives online; HMAP specializations online (HMAP Online)
- Both Public Health CORE and Specialization courses are completed online.
If students choose option 1, they are eligible to apply for Graduate Assistantships. Note that students completing the HMAP concentration can only complete the non-thesis option.
Graduate Certificate in Public Health. Offered in two formats:
1. Online. This 15 hour program requires 4 courses, with the fifth being an elective (chosen between you and your advisor).
2. On-campus. This 15 hour program requires 4 courses, with the fifth being an elective (chosen between you and your advisor). Students admitted to the On-Campus Graduate Certificate in Public Health MUST complete these courses on-campus (through M01 sections).
Upon completion of both the online and on-campus Graduate Certificate, students can apply for the full MPH program and have such courses transferred in (transfer of courses are dependent upon a number of factors including the grade received and when the course was completed).
Accredited since 1999, our MPH program is currently accredited until 2018.
You will need to have the following:
- Unofficial transcripts for each university attended
- Resume or CV
- Copy of GRE Score results sheet (if you have not yet taken the GRE use 999 as the scores and indicate in the first line of your Personal Statement when you plan to take it.)
- Personal Statement
- The names and email addresses for 3 references
- Note that the deadline for the MPH CHE on-campus program is February 15 (for people who are interested in being considered for a graduate assistantship).
- For those not needing an assistantship, there is a ‘final’ chance application of April 1.
- Deadline for the MPH CHE online, MPH HMAP, and Graduate Certificate (both on-campus and online) is March 15.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact:
Dr. James Robinson, III