Application Process and Requirements for Admissions
All MPH and PH Certificate applicants must use the NMSU online admissions portal.
Incoming students are required to meet the following admission requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education with a 3.0 minimum GPA.
- Official transcripts for each university attended (uploaded to online admissions system).
- Three references with at least one from a former faculty; the others from employers and/or colleagues.
- A personal statement covering academic background and career goals.
*The Department of Public Health Sciences no longer requires GRE scores for admission. However, the online application system will still require students to upload GRE Scores or a waiver form. In lieu of GRE scores, applicants should upload the STANDARD GRE WAIVER FORM available on the Department website (https://publichealth.nmsu.edu/graduate-programs/forms/) or from the Graduate Advisor (firstname.lastname@example.org). Students who have completed or desire to complete the GRE may still upload their scores to support their application
International students are required to first contact the International Student and Scholar Services office before proceeding with the application and admissions process.
TOEFL or IELTS score must be submitted and a minimum score must be met before an admission decision can be rendered. Requirements can be found here.
FALL AND SPRING APPLICATION DEADLINES:
- MPH On-campus – November 15 and February 15
- MPH Online – January 15 and March 15
- PH Certificate – March 15
Please be advised that students are required to participate in a mandatory MPH student orientation typically the Monday the week that classes start. Students can participate in orientation in-person or online.
For specific information on the details of the Master of Public Health Programs, contact graduate coordinator Dr. Joe Tomaka via email (email@example.com) or phone (575-646-3525), or contact our online graduate coordinator Dr. Sue Forster-Cox via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (575-646-2183).