Application Process and Requirements for Admissions
Please print this page for detailed instructions: Application Instructions.
Incoming students are required to meet the following admission requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institute of higher education with at 3.0 minimum GPA.
- A current Graduate Review Exam (GRE) last 5 years is required for the MPH or a MPH GRE Waiver Request form. You will also need to mail official transcripts to our office for waiver approval.
- Official transcripts for each university attended to Admissions and to the department.
- Three references with at least one from a former faculty, the others from employers, and/or colleagues.
International students are required to first contact the International Student and Scholar Services office (http://isss.nmsu.edu/) email@example.com or 575-646-2834 before proceeding with the application and admissions process.
TOEFL or IELTS score must be submitted and minimum score must be met before an admission decision can be rendered. Requirements can be found here: http://nmsu.smartcatalogiq.com/en/2014-2015/Graduate-Catalog/General-Information/Admission/International-Student-Application-for-Admission.
- MPH On Campus – February 15
- MPH Online – March 15
- PH Certificate – March 15
Please be advised that you are required to attend a mandatory MPH student orientation at the Las Cruces campus, typically the Friday before classes start.
For specific information on the details of the Master of Public Health Programs, contact graduate coordinator Dr. Joe Tomaka via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (575-646-3525), or contact our online graduate coordinator Dr. Sue Forster-Cox via email (email@example.com) or phone (575-646-2183).