Pursue a career working in community and public health programs and education in voluntary, private and governmental agencies.
- Successfully participate in the professional certification examination process.
- Encourage and promote public health education within the framework of legal, ethical, moral and professional standards.
- Provide leadership within the public health profession.
- Collaborate with other professionals, staff, communities and consumers in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of health education programs.
- Conduct and incorporate research findings in health education into practice settings.
- Establish and maintain a personal commitment to intellectual inquiry, self-directed learning, and professional growth.
Academic Program Objectives:
The Bachelor of Public Health student will be able to:
- Assess individual and community needs, assets and capacity for health education
- Plan effective health education programs
- Implement effective health education programs
- Conduct evaluation and research related to health education
- Administer and manage health education programs
- Serve as a Health Education Resource Person
- Communicate and advocate for health and health education